AXIS: Journal of Lasallian Higher EducationSubmissions
Formatting and bibliographic standards are described in the Authors link on the main menu.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in English in Microsoft Word (.doc) format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end, unless in a format pre-approved by an editor.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The writing mechanics and style are of sufficient quality to present ideas clearly for reviewers and to make revisions in this regard minimal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal (I or II) the instructions for insuring a blind review have been followed (see Authors).
Authors who publish with AXIS agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal. Authors should read details regarding this license and its conditions at the Creative Commons web site: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. (See The Effect of Open Access.)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.